Despite its pale appearance, cauliflowers contain a rich supply of phytochemicals with high levels of anti-inflammatory compounds said to help ward off cancer, heart disease, brain disease, and weight gain. Give your diet a healthy dose of cauliflower with this alternative rice recipe.
Image Source: https://pinchofyum.com/15-minute-cauliflower-fried-rice
1 medium head of cauliflower
8 slices of bacon, optional
2 large eggs
1 tbsp minced ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup of diced carrots
1 cup corn
1/2 cup peas
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup cashews
2 to 3 tbsp soy sauce
Serving is sufficient for 4 to 6 people.
1. Cut cauliflower into florets, removing the inner core. Run it through a food processor until it starts to look like rice. This should give you five to six cups of cauliflower ‘rice’.
2. Fry bacon over medium heat till crispy and transfer onto plate lined with paper towels. Once cooled, roughly chop into pieces.
3. Drain away bacon grease, reserving one teaspoon to make an omelette. Place the pan back over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs and pour over skillet. Once omelette is cooked, transfer to a cutting board and roughly slice.
4. Wipe skillet clean and warm one teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add ginger, garlic and sauté till fragrant.
5. Stir in carrots until crisp tender. Then, add in corn, peas and cauliflower ‘rice’. Mix thoroughly.
6. Lower heat to medium and cover pan. Let it cook for five to eight minutes till cauliflower is tender.
7. Add in bacon, eggs, cashews, green onions and two tablespoons of soy sauce. Add more to taste if necessary.