TFJ Cooks: Ham & Cheese Breakfast Pockets
3 years ago by TFJ
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Pockets
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Total Time: 27 Minutes
Always splurging on expensive breakfasts while you’re on your way to work? In today’s posts, we are going to share with you a quick tummy filling breakfast that is easy to make.
- 1 large tortilla
- 2 slices low-moisture ham
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Aluminium foil
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C. Place a sheet of foil on a baking sheet and spray one side of it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the tortilla on the greased foil.
- Place the ham slices, slightly overlapping one another, into the center of the tortilla.
- Place half of the cheese on top of the ham and create a small well in the center.
- Crack the egg into the cheese well. Season it with salt and pepper, and top the egg with the remaining cheese.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla in toward the center to create a pocket. Wrap the folded tortilla pocket loosely with foil. Center the foil pouch on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until the egg feels firm to the touch. Remove the foil pouch from the oven, unwrap it, and allow it to cool slightly before eating.
There you have it, a simple breakfast that you can make yourself in just 30mins. You may choose other ingredients such as sausages, spam or even use mozarella cheese for the more stretchy and cheesy texture. It’s all at your own preference.