1 Pound Cooked Fresh White Crab meat , flaked or diced (Can substitute with imitation crab)
1 Pound Cream Cheese, softened
2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic (about 1-2 cloves)
1/3 Cup Green Onions, chopped (about 3 green onions)
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce (Can use less if desired, start with 1 teaspoon and add more to taste)
12-14 Egg Roll Wrappers
2-3 Cups Vegetable Oil (For frying)
– Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat the oven to 200F/95C.
– In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, minced garlic, green onions, and Worcestershire sauce.
– Fold in the crab meat until combined, and set aside.
– Lay an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface with one of the corners pointing towards you.
– Place about three rounded tablespoons of crab filling, horizontally, across the center of each wrapper.
– Bring the corner of the wrapper that is pointing towards you up and over the filling.
– Gently tuck the wrapper against the filling. Fold in the sides of the wrapper towards the center and roll tightly.
– Use a small amount of water to secure the tip of the wrapper.
– Place finished egg roll seam side down on your lined baking sheet, and set aside. Repeat the process until all of the filling has been used.
– Heat vegetable oil in heavy bottomed saucepan to between 350F/175C and 375F/180C.
– Once the oil is hot, add egg rolls, 2-3 at a time, and fry until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
– Allow the cooked egg rolls to drain on a paper towel line plate, then transfer to the oven to stay warm while you fry the remaining egg rolls.
– Allow the frying oil to reheat in between batches.